Our Transportation Department is committed to the safety of each and every child we transport. Our students' safety requires shared cooperation and responsible actions by the bus driver, students, and their parents. We rely on all of the students, supported by their parents or guardians, to follow procedures that contribute to the safety of everyone on the bus. As always, safety is our number one consideration as we establish bus routes and provide student transportation. We require all students and parents of students who will ride the bus to complete the bus rules agreement.
The department supports all district transportation needs, including special needs transportation, accommodating all extracurricular and activity trip busing needs, and providing vehicles for employees to attend workshops and conferences.
The following are the bus rules:
- Passengers must face forward and remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Please keep the bus aisle clear by placing books, parcels, backpacks, and musical instruments on your lap.
- Loud talking, screaming, whistling, and unnecessary movement could distract the driver and create an unsafe condition; therefore, we ask that all students speak in a normal tone of voice.
- We will not permit or tolerate vulgar or profane language.
- When stopped for railroad tracks, we ask students to be quiet so the driver can listen for the sound of approaching trains.
- Please do not change seats. Stay in the first seat you select.
- Keep your arms, head, and other parts of the body inside the bus.
- Do not throw objects (caps, balls, pencils, etc.) inside or out of the bus.
- Chewing gum, drinking sodas, or eating food or candy could become a choking problem; therefore, we do not permitted it on the bus.
- Do not mark, cut, or scratch any part of the bus.
- Students are to use the emergency door and exit controls only during supervised drills or actual emergencies.
- The bus driver has the right to make additional rules or specific seating assignments.