A Round of Applause
FCCLA Arizona Competitive Events Results
State Only Events:
- Priscila Dyer - Silver and Sariah Fry - Gold in Chicken Fabrication
- Gennie Morrison - Gold and first place in Cake Decorating
- Mackenzie Comaduran - Silver and Julia Dahl - Gold and first place Cupcake Decorating
- Julia Dahl - Repurpose and Redesign - Gold with a 99 score
- Ashlee Romero - Baking and Pastry - Gold 93 score
We also recognize our amazing FCCLA Advisor, Mrs. Jean Weisling, for all of her skills, talents, wisdom, experience, and work to help prepare these fine students.
Congratulations to Brayden Merrill for taking third place and to Devvin Deskins for taking fourth place at the state wrestling tournament. Our team finished number 17 out of the 34 1A, 2A, and 3A schools in our division!
Congratulations to Heather Blanchette, winner of the 40th annual SSVEC Foundation Washington Youth Tour and to Sariah Fry, runner up! Heather won $1,000 and Sariah $500. Great job, girls!
Congratulations to Senior Callin Curtis who won first place and $100 in the first local round of the American Legion Oratorical Contest February 13, 2021.
2021 State Leadership Conferences
The following students placed in the competitive events at the state leadership conferences this spring.
- Mason Anway: Health Career Photography - 4th place
- Julia Dahl: Prepared Speaking - 4th place
- Nephi Higginbotham: Supply Chain Management - 2nd place
- Mason Anway: Digital Photography - 4th place
Mason was one of two people who got the community service award for 500 hours of service. He also received the 3rd and 4th level of the business achievement award (leader and America level).
*Mason and Nephi both qualified for nationals in their events!*
HOSA State Leadership Conference Recognition
We want to congratulate our students that qualified to participate in the state competition for Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) State Leadership Conference! (Future Health Professionals formerly known as Health Occupations Students of America)
- Julia Dahl - Prepared Speaking
- Mason Anway - Health Career Photography
- Joshua Peterson & Talon Haynie - Forensic Science as a Team
- Jaelyn Goodman & Priscilla Dyer - Forensic Science as a Team
- Kaden Watts, Heather Blanchette, Matthew Edington, & Zach Judd - HOSA Bowl Team
- Jacob Goodman - Medical Innovations
State FFA Contests 2020–2021
We had several winners this year in the state FFA contest from our district! Please join us in congratulating these students! We thank Mr. Hancock, our outstanding advisor, for all he does to help our students excel in the FFA program!
Tenth Place Overall Team in the State
- St. David Livestock Team
- Regan Haynie, Regan Young, Marek Haynie, and Sammy Judd
- Milk Quality and Products
- Amelia Vanderholm, Iris Etter, Josh Garrett, and Jordan Merrill
Eighth Place Overall Team in the State
- St. David Forestry Team
- Jordan Merrill (ninth place individual), Mandolin Thola, and Brayden Merrill
Sixth Place Overall Team in the State
- St. David Ag Mechanics Team
- Jeremiah Gill (twelfth place individual), Sydney Klump, Devvin Deskins, and Brayden Merrill
- St. David Meats Team
- Sage Etter, Sammy Judd, Jaxson Brogan, and Josh Peterson
Third Place Overall Team in the State
- St. David Range Team
- Reo Larson, Kason Jacquez (tenth place individual), Julia Dahl (seventh place individual), and Sydney Klump (second place individual in the state)
- The Soils Team
- Iris Etter (tenth place individual in the state) and Taylor Hittson (eleventh place individual)